Stewie was a little cranky the day before yesterday. He was very drooly, and his nose was runny and he kept wacking himself in the head. This is his usual behavior when he is teething. I can feel little bumps on his top jaw bone. Then he was up most of the night. He'd sleep for two hours or so, then wake up crying in pain. He had a slight fever. We gave him some Tylenol. He sucked on ice cubes. Then, the next afternoon, orange goo oozed out of his right ear. He had a fever of 99.5 by 7PM. Off to the doctors he went. Its an ear infection. The doctor gave him amoxcicillan. I never had ear infections as a kid. I know kids who did. They seemed so painful. I remember one friend waking up at a sleep-over with her ear bleeding. These kids would seem to get them all the time. Kids seem prone to one sort of an illness, while other kids prone to another. I'm not going to complain. In fact, I'll pray that ear infections are the worst illness Stewie has to deal with, even if they become the re-occuring illness in his life (un, I take that back... can I throw out a pre-condition that he doesn't loose any hearing?). I feel like there are too many kids out there today with way more serious things to deal with. Whatever greater spirit is out there, thanks for giving us such a healthy child. And you know what? I actually like wipping his boogers, and don't mind a bit when he grabs my shirt, cuddles with it, and smothers me with boogery, snuggly love (see pictures). I never saw that one coming.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
An Ear Infection
Stewie was a little cranky the day before yesterday. He was very drooly, and his nose was runny and he kept wacking himself in the head. This is his usual behavior when he is teething. I can feel little bumps on his top jaw bone. Then he was up most of the night. He'd sleep for two hours or so, then wake up crying in pain. He had a slight fever. We gave him some Tylenol. He sucked on ice cubes. Then, the next afternoon, orange goo oozed out of his right ear. He had a fever of 99.5 by 7PM. Off to the doctors he went. Its an ear infection. The doctor gave him amoxcicillan. I never had ear infections as a kid. I know kids who did. They seemed so painful. I remember one friend waking up at a sleep-over with her ear bleeding. These kids would seem to get them all the time. Kids seem prone to one sort of an illness, while other kids prone to another. I'm not going to complain. In fact, I'll pray that ear infections are the worst illness Stewie has to deal with, even if they become the re-occuring illness in his life (un, I take that back... can I throw out a pre-condition that he doesn't loose any hearing?). I feel like there are too many kids out there today with way more serious things to deal with. Whatever greater spirit is out there, thanks for giving us such a healthy child. And you know what? I actually like wipping his boogers, and don't mind a bit when he grabs my shirt, cuddles with it, and smothers me with boogery, snuggly love (see pictures). I never saw that one coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally agree with you... I never thought I wouldn't mind buggers before Maxy. He's mine to clean till he can clean himself, and until that happens, I'll be wiping his face and hands and he can scream till the cows come home. Cause I want a clean baby, and he doesn't know what clean is yet! (same goes for his bud Stewart)
Post a Comment