We've returned to springtime fun with some absolutely glorious days. Stewart positively adores exploring the woods. So much cool stuff to discover! Ginormous mushrooms you can draw on, flowers, fiddleheads, pine cones, chucking rocks into waterfalls... and he can already distinguish deer poop. His latest trick is that he tries to climb the trees. Somehow I managed to shut off the sound on the video so I'll try again another time... apparently he discovered trees could be climbed from Winnie the Pooh. Fortunately I'm already noticing he has his father's sense of direction - thank god. He can tell you which direction the creek is, and which direction the house is, even when its not in view! I am so grateful my son has these magnificent woods to play in, but I do worry about him wandering off and getting lost, so we talk about only going out with mommy or daddy (by the way, Stew has taken to occasionally calling me "mudder" or "mommy" instead of his usual "momma").
Thank goodness we have these activities to keep us busy as we wait. And wait. The fact that I haven't told any of you Eliza's exact "due date" doesn't change the fact that I know. I can't stand this waiting game. Every little thing makes me wonder... will it be today? I've been having fakey contractions. Nothing regular or legitimate. Every once and a while I get a few in a row... I'll walk around to see if they go away, but they don't. But then they'll stop for the next 12 hours. I'm sooooo ready. On the other hand, I'm going to miss pregnancy. We don't plan on having any more kids, so I'm trying to enjoy every achy, complainy second. It is a magnificent feeling to see and feel her knee moving across my belly, as Michael says, like a land shark! Even right down to the burn on my bladder when she stretches, or her head pushing into my pelvis so strong I do a double take and wonder... is she coming now? But most of all, I still keep praying she's going to be a happy and healthy baby. Okay, and an easier labor.
We're still aren't sure what Stewie thinks of all this. He's been talking about the baby more, and even told a friend of ours when she asked what the baby's name is... "tattoo." We'll see?!
No comments:
Post a Comment