
Where does the time go? These pics seem so old! Maybe someday I'll get another free moment to add more?! Summer was wonderous, and flew by. So did fall. It snowed this week! Eliza is trying to talk. She said "Stewart" the other day, but refuses to repeat it on command. I think she says it only to him, when no one else is really paying attention. She is developing into a person, and is no longer a baby blob. As always, I mourn it, but am also really looking forward to an end of the primal grunts... "Your momma sure does care about your education!" ;)
She peed on the potty one night?! I was in the bathroom and she pointed to the toilet. I asked. She nodded. She peed?! It hasn't been repeated, and as Stewie taught me, I'm not going to push it. Her hair is sprouting a little curl at the bottom of her head... if it was on top she'd be a Cindy-Loo-Hoo! I think the last time I blogged she was teething... those incisors have finally cut this week. She is busy running, climbing, stacking, putting stuff together, chasing her brother, loving being chased by her brother... a frilly little girl who is rough-n-tumble. I'm trying to enjoy my last days of dressing her, because I'm sure she will soon tell me what she's going to put on her body. She loves to wear her brother's shoes. Speaking of... she loves to point to your/her eyes, ears, and nose. Of course, she likes to play games when you ask her to do so. Soooooo defiant! Like momma... ?? Lord help me. She is still a teeny bean - wearing a size 12mos. at 18 mos. Her friend Lucas, and Annie, tower over her! It allows me to treasure her baby-hood, even though mentally she isn't the baby one expects from her size. Better than being bigger and having people expect behavior she isn't ready to match. She is just impressive!
Stewart is rockin' it! He is loving playschool... not that its really school at his age. Two days a week for three hours a shot isn't enough for him though. He has tons of fun, but could use more consistent stimulation. He knows the letter "S"! We read books and he loves to find every letter "S." He has become a picky eater and we constantly remind him that he won't grow big and strong like Ironman if he only eats bread. Chip off the ol' block! And he's such a boy. I have unfortunately indulged his adoration of Marvel & DC comics, its way too over his head... I don't get why he likes it? So I try to limit him to one or two episodes in the afternoon, and he can only watch "brain TV" in the morning (i.e. Sesame Street, Little Einsteins, etc...). He's a regular chatter-box and is "spinning yarn," as his father likes to say, quite frequently. "I'm just jokin'!" "You silly goose!" are now his favorite sayings after he tells some outrageous story. He is so bright and constantly trying to be on top of the ways of the world. Naps are really a thing of the past, unfortunately, unless he really gets worn out in the morning. He always wants to help though, which is so great (even though its rarely helpful!). Speaking of which, we got a new dog, Fawna, who Stew and his dad have nick-named "New Dog City." She is the grand-daughter of Gus. Her folks were in a tough spot, and how could we say no?! She's a sweet dog... though she has a bit of beagle in her, so she howls a lot.
I know I'm missing so much. I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long. Besides the fact that life is crazy busy, hubby has hijacked the computer for business. This is good, but also means that I rarely have a chance to go sit in his office and update! Hope you all enjoy the pics. We love you and miss you and are always open for visitors!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment