Allright, so the picture story turned out backwards. It took too long to download, so read 'um backwards. I have a strong sentimental attachment to Christmas and setting up the house for the holiday. I've been looking forward to Stewart's first Christmas, ever since I expected his birth last Christmas! Saturday we cut down our tree. Michael had had his eye on it for some time. There are a number of trees that have gotten so tall they're starting to block our view of the mountain. So in our house one came. Don't worry, I didn't actually let Michael cut down the tree with Stewart on his back. Stewart was in awe of the whole process, and didn't take his eye of his dad the whole time. It took us most of the day to get it in the house and set up to be able to decorate. We didn't actually decorate until Stewart had gone to bed. But the next day he could do nothing but stare at this beautiful sparkling tree that magically appeared overnight. We were fortunate and wise enough to be able to have a tree whose branches are four feet off of the floor. Stewart can stare and reach all he wants, but can't pull at it or possibly pull it down. However, he can touch the sappy base, and boy has his hands been sticky for the past few days. He doesn't like them being sticky, so hopefully he'll stop touching it soon.
Monday, December 8, 2008
O Christmas Tree
Allright, so the picture story turned out backwards. It took too long to download, so read 'um backwards. I have a strong sentimental attachment to Christmas and setting up the house for the holiday. I've been looking forward to Stewart's first Christmas, ever since I expected his birth last Christmas! Saturday we cut down our tree. Michael had had his eye on it for some time. There are a number of trees that have gotten so tall they're starting to block our view of the mountain. So in our house one came. Don't worry, I didn't actually let Michael cut down the tree with Stewart on his back. Stewart was in awe of the whole process, and didn't take his eye of his dad the whole time. It took us most of the day to get it in the house and set up to be able to decorate. We didn't actually decorate until Stewart had gone to bed. But the next day he could do nothing but stare at this beautiful sparkling tree that magically appeared overnight. We were fortunate and wise enough to be able to have a tree whose branches are four feet off of the floor. Stewart can stare and reach all he wants, but can't pull at it or possibly pull it down. However, he can touch the sappy base, and boy has his hands been sticky for the past few days. He doesn't like them being sticky, so hopefully he'll stop touching it soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AWESOME!!!
What a GOOD idea! Katie tells me that Jacob says "no no no" and pulls at the ornaments and lights... too funny. I think he probably won't yet connect the whole sticky thing with the tree, but if he does that's really advanced - it could happen... OR you could cut a 4inch piece of fabric LONG and wrap it around the tree trunk bottom to top and trying to secure it so he doesn't unravel it because I do believe he IS that advanced.... just a thought and I LOVE THE TREE!
and you ALL
Post a Comment