Stewart has definitely entered a new phase. He's trying to walk little bits throughout the day. He's very proud of himself, as are we. Sorry, I still haven't gotten a decent video of this. We also stopped nursing in the afternoon when I get home from school. Over the past two weeks he's sort of lost interest (though he still eagerly and happily nurses in the morning). I say sort of because as soon as I come home he grabs and pounds at my chest, and buries his head and gives a little cry. But then once he starts, he stops, and giggles and pulls and plays with my hair, or my moles, or even my nipples. He's bitten me a few times, and then cries when I say "ouch" sternly. But then he'll start to nurse again. Needless to say I'm a bit tired of it, and so I figured the Thanksgiving break would be easy time to stop, since it wouldn't be about our bonding time when I get home. We did and he didn't miss it all weekend. But today he didn't have a nap. And so he never really even had an afternoon bottle, because he normally has it after his nap. By 5:30, after we'd been having juice and crackers, he started pounding on my chest. So he nursed and almost fell asleep. I kept him up because otherwise lord only knows how late he might stay up, and early he'd rise. We did okay. For dinner he refused chicken nuggets. So we went to the old jarred food. He refused. I thought maybe he was just too full... but then he started grabbing the spoon. He'd done this when he first started eating real food, but this time he really tried to feed himself! Oh what a mess! Of course I didn't have a bib on him since he was having a finger food dinner. He actually got a little bit out of the bowl and into his mouth by the end of it. And he was using his right hand, which when he was littler, he was using his left. After having to strip him down in the high chair and hose him down in the sink... I think we'll stick to finger food and wait on trying this self-feeding thing again.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Self-Feeding?
Stewart has definitely entered a new phase. He's trying to walk little bits throughout the day. He's very proud of himself, as are we. Sorry, I still haven't gotten a decent video of this. We also stopped nursing in the afternoon when I get home from school. Over the past two weeks he's sort of lost interest (though he still eagerly and happily nurses in the morning). I say sort of because as soon as I come home he grabs and pounds at my chest, and buries his head and gives a little cry. But then once he starts, he stops, and giggles and pulls and plays with my hair, or my moles, or even my nipples. He's bitten me a few times, and then cries when I say "ouch" sternly. But then he'll start to nurse again. Needless to say I'm a bit tired of it, and so I figured the Thanksgiving break would be easy time to stop, since it wouldn't be about our bonding time when I get home. We did and he didn't miss it all weekend. But today he didn't have a nap. And so he never really even had an afternoon bottle, because he normally has it after his nap. By 5:30, after we'd been having juice and crackers, he started pounding on my chest. So he nursed and almost fell asleep. I kept him up because otherwise lord only knows how late he might stay up, and early he'd rise. We did okay. For dinner he refused chicken nuggets. So we went to the old jarred food. He refused. I thought maybe he was just too full... but then he started grabbing the spoon. He'd done this when he first started eating real food, but this time he really tried to feed himself! Oh what a mess! Of course I didn't have a bib on him since he was having a finger food dinner. He actually got a little bit out of the bowl and into his mouth by the end of it. And he was using his right hand, which when he was littler, he was using his left. After having to strip him down in the high chair and hose him down in the sink... I think we'll stick to finger food and wait on trying this self-feeding thing again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment