IF YOUR KIDS BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS, DON'T LET THEM READ THIS!!!Okay... I know its a bit early... but a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do. Is this too cute or what? I really hadn't decided which path to take on this whole Santa Clause thing. I was actually talking to my sociology students the other day (yes, it was topic related) and a small majority of them thought the whole Santa story was a sham that gave kids a warped sense of reality and made them stop trusting adults... some went as far as to use it for the sole defense of teenage rebellion.
There was a long line, Stewie hadn't really noticed; I figured I could get away with skipping it. But then it was the end of the day... he saw him and asked "Why?" meaning, "what?" and there was no line. Stewie LOVED Santa. He snuggled all up in his lap. Santa told Stew all about the North Pole and the reindeer, he asked him if he wanted trains, cars or trucks for Christmas and Stew said "TRUCKS!" Then Stew got down off of Santa's lap, not because he was finished but because he saw the sucker bowl, so he got one and then he climbed back up in Santa's lap. I think if there had been a line we'd have been in trouble... Stew would've cried that his turn was up.
So its too early, but now I'm full of the Christmas spirit. But, I still refuse to put our tree or any decorations up until after Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment