Saturday, November 21, 2009

Waiting for winter



i

We're waiting for winter. While we've had nice warm days, some have been rainy, some have been cold. Snow would be so much more fun! We've been finding plenty of ways to entertain ourselves, and are already trying to get Christmas shopping done so we can just have fun once the holidays and snow comes.

Stewie is up to plenty. Wearing sunglasses in the house (I think we could enter him in an Elton John look-look-a-like contest). Coloring (yse those are smiley faces on the bottom of his feet... I wonder who would've put those there?!). Learning to use the potty. Playing with friends at Toddler Tumblers - Dad says he's quite social and outgoing! Climbing the climbing wall all by himself (Dad is working on getting video of that). Refusing to sit in his booster seat to eat. He is stringing three to four words together and articulating more clearly every day. Unfortunately he LOVES the computer. We tried giving him our old broken laptop, but we can't fool him. It makes it a bit tough... he always wants to watch MOVITS and is so smart he even made up his own sign to tell us b/c he can't say the name (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnaeImQ0TSg ). As a matter of fact, he's screaming now b/c I won't let him take "my turn" on the computer to watch it. I think he's the first kid to have an addiction to Swedish Hip Hop. He also is running around picking up cooking spoons and other items to play air guitar: his future piano teacher is already planning on getting him a mini-guitar for Christmas.

I'm thinking baby #2 is going to be my quiet child. Perhaps I'm thinking wishfully?! Stewie was already bopping around the womb at thirteen weeks. I still haven't felt baby #2. No worries, I had a mid-wife appointment Thursday, its heart is pumping strong. Everytime I think I'm feeling something I realize its too high and just my stomach and intestines shifting around. I'm continuing with cravings of all sorts, from Nestle Crunch bars to pickles, and ranch dressing... fortunately not together. Cheese is always a big one. I'm already showing quite a bit, and have been wearing maternity clothes for about a month now. Just this week I've had to start sleeping on my side, and my back hurts by the end of the night. We get to go in for an ultrasound in about a month and a half... we'll find out if its a boy or a girl!!!

No comments: