Nothing is more magical than Christmas as a kid, except for Christmas as a mom. Last year Stew was more amazed at all the craziness and paper throwing going on around him than he was interested in the presents. This year, he learned about Christmas. He was a little Christmas angel. He tried hard to open a present and sometimes needed help (though I did try to tie simple little bows). Then he played with the toy for a while. Then we'd have to force him to move on to the next gift. We were up at six (I was up at six, not b/c of excitement but b/c of my cold... I had to take a shower to try and clear my sinuses a bit) and he heard me and then got up. I don't think we finished opening presents until noonish, and we left our stockings until after dinner (I think we've started our own little tradition here :). We had such a great time I can't even express it. When he got to his last present, he guessed what it was. Unfortunately he has inherited his father's psychic abilities. I'll let the photos and video speak from there. Needless to say, he hasn't put the chainsaw down yet. He refused to nap on Christmas day, once almost falling asleep with the chainsaw on the couch. He barely ate any dinner, brought the chainsaw to the table, and then only participated in desert. A chocolate ganache gave him a marvelous sugar rush to proceed to opening stocking presents, which he tore through like a proven Christmas professional. Then he crashed. As did Mom and Dad!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Merry Christmas!
Nothing is more magical than Christmas as a kid, except for Christmas as a mom. Last year Stew was more amazed at all the craziness and paper throwing going on around him than he was interested in the presents. This year, he learned about Christmas. He was a little Christmas angel. He tried hard to open a present and sometimes needed help (though I did try to tie simple little bows). Then he played with the toy for a while. Then we'd have to force him to move on to the next gift. We were up at six (I was up at six, not b/c of excitement but b/c of my cold... I had to take a shower to try and clear my sinuses a bit) and he heard me and then got up. I don't think we finished opening presents until noonish, and we left our stockings until after dinner (I think we've started our own little tradition here :). We had such a great time I can't even express it. When he got to his last present, he guessed what it was. Unfortunately he has inherited his father's psychic abilities. I'll let the photos and video speak from there. Needless to say, he hasn't put the chainsaw down yet. He refused to nap on Christmas day, once almost falling asleep with the chainsaw on the couch. He barely ate any dinner, brought the chainsaw to the table, and then only participated in desert. A chocolate ganache gave him a marvelous sugar rush to proceed to opening stocking presents, which he tore through like a proven Christmas professional. Then he crashed. As did Mom and Dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment