Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"I don't wanna take a shower!"



As we enter the depths of a magnificent winter, Stewart continues to blossom. Seeing his emerging personality, perhaps it is to be contrary to the season. Today Stewart spent the day in protest. Of what we are not 100% sure. He did seem to have slight diarrhea, though it did not slow down his eating, activity or conversation. He refused to take off his p.j.s. He refused to take a shower. He used one of his first six word sentences with crisp and clear articulation to express these desires; "I don't wanna take a shower!" It's so hard to get mad at him when his defiance fills us full of pride. He even refused to go outside to play. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Eliza continues to kick about. We keep talking to Stewie about his baby sister who is living in my belly and will come to live with us soon. He hugs and kisses my belly. He tickles it. Then he smacks it. We'll see how this plays out once she is born. I'm doing well, but I am starting to waddle. Actually, more than that... I'm starting to... have a hard time walking. My pelvic bone is really bothering me. They say this is because the hormone relaxin and progesterone are working on spreading out my pubic symphysis bones and the surrounding ligaments and cartilage. I remember this a little with Stewart, though what I really remember is the first two weeks postpartum of not being able to walk, or even roll over in bed, without severe pain. They say this pain comes earlier with a second pregnancy and is usually worse. Yee-haw! Regardless, I'm still enjoying incubating my second little chick.

No comments: