Sunday, July 11, 2010

Man, I've Got Good Looking Kids



I don't mean to brag, but man, I've got good looking kids.

Summer time is rolling along, and a recent heat wave kept us sedated, and at the pool.

Stewart is becoming quite a water baby. He really always has been, though he'll deny it, and upon first try at the pool he's timid. But once he warms up, he has a blast. After a few days he is back to jumping in off the side (to an adult) letting us dunk him and trying to swim. He lays on noodles or wears floaties and kicks. On the noodles he is even letting us walk away and he'll kick about. Other measures of growth; we have really got to watch our language now! He's repeating just about the last four words or complete phrase we say, and many of the words are sticking in his vocabulary.

Eliza is also growing by leaps and bounds, and went for her first swim in the pool - and liked it! How could she not with how hot its been? She had moments this week where she just cried b/c she was sticking to me. She is an easy baby, but honestly, not as easy as Stewart. She doesn't take long naps during the day, and as I've mentioned before, I can't complain b/c she sleeps so well at night. But she does require being held a lot when she's not sleeping, and often when she's sleeping. She wakes up no longer than 20 minutes once she's put down. But this week, I actually had a 45 minute stint a few times to get some chores done! She's becoming more aware and attentive everyday and has also let me put her down in her swing or in front of her play set to play for about 15 minutes, and I again, I can actually get something done. Lately I've been getting up with Stewart at 6AM and she'll sleep till almost 7:30 or 8:00AM so I can get something done then too (I should be doing dishes right now!). Her smile is absolutely beautiful (and has most authentically come about in the past week), and all of her little coos and agoos just melt my heart. I know, I know... get some video!

No comments: