Friday, July 2, 2010

Strawberry Picking!

















Despite the torrential rain this week, we did manage to get out and have some fun. Sunday we went strawberry picking with a friend. Stewart stated he did not want to go, but we dragged him along anyways. While he continued to refuse to participate in the picking of strawberries, he did have a good time eating them, stealing them from the baskets. He also had a great time flirting with my friend Heather. Eliza came along for the ride, but was not happy in her pouch with me crawling on the ground, causing her to flop around on her back with the sun in her eyes. We also were able to take one adventure to the park.

Stewart seems to have made a cognitive leap this week, though I'd have trouble describing it. He seems to be thinking and feeling on a deeper level this week, and his imagination continues to grow. We've talked a lot about feelings, and lately he's been exploring sad and mad, but not totally understanding them. The past few days he's been thoroughly enjoying the meaning of happy, accurately declaring it when he feels as such, for example, on the swing, in the tub, and while purchasing a kid's horseshoe set for this weekend's Fourth of July party. He's doing a lot of imaginative play; "Stew Dog" is a new pet in our house. You have to be sure to ask him for his paw and to "shake." Dinosaurs and monsters are constantly coming, but he's not really afraid, he's just playing. It is your job to either scare them away, or move on to the next activity to keep them away. He also asks, "what's next?" and enjoys being told the day's schedule. He also took his first baby yoga class last Monday. It didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I won't go into all the details, but lets just say that Jay Peak is a little disorganized with all of its construction, causing us to arrive to class late, which was intimidating for him. Then, there was a ton of excavators and construction trucks outside the window. How could a little boy not pay attention to all that? I think he'll get a little more into it next week, particularly because they do a lot of imaginative movement where the kids pretend to be animals.

Mommy is also taking a class on Wednesdays; boy am I out of shape, and boy will this class get me back quick! I left her alone with Daddy for the first time, and she took her third bottle. The first was a little slow going. The second was even worse, I made the mistake of being in the room. But the third went like a charm and she guzzled four ounces of pumped milk. I was a little reluctant to leave her; I don't want to miss anything! Since we plan on her being our last baby, I feel like every little thing I mourn. Eliza is continuing to grow quite healthily. I haven't weighed her lately but she is plumping right up, as can be seen in the last picture of her. Now if only her skin would clear up! Poor thing. She's really starting to "agoo" and coo and talk. She has the cutest smile! I have to work on getting that shot today, and will post ASAP. Of course, everywhere we go she is doted upon and cooed over.

No comments: