Friday, August 13, 2010

Leaps and Bounds


Hopefully Stew will be more interested in school than he looks in this moment.
I had the depressing reality check this week that school would soon be in session and that my maternity leave would indeed end, someday. I was asked to come in... I went, dutifully, only to discover that I had already completed all of my lesson plans! I thought I had, but had left work in such a tizzy that I wasn't sure. Don't worry, I've already patted myself on the back. And am trying to remind myself that close to two more months of leave is a really long time, and I am blessed to spend so much time with these special little people. Most moms aren't anywhere near as lucky.


Eliza has been busy the past ten days. Just Wednesday she rolled over from her tummy to her back, and yesterday from her back to her tummy! She's playing with toys and even starting to teethe. Its just the initial stages, but she is a drooly mess, and gnawing like nobody's business. Unfortunately she's been night waking again, which they say is also a sign. I don't feel anything yet, so I think it'll be a while before it actually cuts.







The kids lovin' their new double stroller. Too much fun, and makin' life easier on mom.
Thanks Mom!


Aunt Eunice came to visit to meet Eliza! What a
great time. It was rainy at our house, so we decided to make a trip to the ice cream factory. Of course, it was sunny and hot in Stowe, and there was an hour wait! She's always been so special to me, its so nice that she makes the drive to see my kids. And, she's a wise briber... not only did she bring Stewie a dinosaur, she brought him the Toy Story Dinosaur.



Michael: "Where is he getting these curls from?"
Chris: "What do you call this [tugging at my hair]?"
Michael: "Those aren't curls."

Enough said.

Its really just the humidity, but it sure makes it hard to cut!



No comments: