Sunday, February 14, 2010

What A Month (and it ain't over...)!






Stewie went to birthday parties galore this month. He was a tad bit confused that it wasn't his birthday, though thankfully no tears were shed, except for when it was time to go home!

The first party was at his friend Ali's parents' pub, where they had a blast playing on the pool tables. There were two twin boy babies there, and we had lots of talks about babies. Stewart had two moments where he was not pleased that his momma was holding other babies, but after a few dirty looks and one dive towards me, he was easily distracted.

The second party was for Stella, and we went to the bowling ally. Boy was that a blast! Well, except for all the crying when one's turn was up... I'm not going to name names (Michael ;). Stewart's favorite part might have been the disco bowl lights... he did a dance after he pushed his ball, and most times we had to drag him off of the court, and scoop him up before he danced into other people's lanes.

Other than that, I've been sick as a dog for the last week. A nasty cold which is a bit better, finally, but no wheres near leaving my being. Stewart has also gotten his first real runny nose and cough, and while it has left me crying on the couch, he just doesn't stop. EVER.

What do you do when your two year old refuses to nap? He's always been such a great sleeper, with a few occasional bouts of wanting to sleep with mom and dad. Nap time this week consisted of screams of "No Mat (nap)!" and him jumping out of his crib. Since I was home sick, I tried talking him into sleeping in the "big bo-ed," and I tried laying there with him. I of course fell asleep, he did not. This then of course led to him protesting sleeping in his crib... "all done crib!" The first night was a HUGE fight. Four books, two hours later, mom falling asleep with him (him NOT falling asleep) finally resulted in a long conversation about big boys going to sleep all by themselves, reassuring it was okay with friends (stuffed animals like Runny Babbit, Elmo, Doggie & Puff Butt), and getting excited about being able to say "I did it!" in the morning. He did. All night. Yeah. Morning songs of "all done crib, I'm big boy!" abounded. The second night he fell asleep while reading books, and last night we went through the same routine we went through the night before. I think we may have missed the golden moment of sleepiness. We put him to bed a little bit late and didn't follow our normal routine. So my approach tonight will be to strictly follow our usual routine. I'm shocked at his behavior though b/c we are so routine about bedtime, and don't really vary from it all that much... we'll see. I think its just something new, and he's just becoming more aware and conscious of his surroundings?

1 comment:

vantiganloos said...

David is having a change in sleep schedule too!!! it's a little exasperating. I think you are doing the right thing with the routine. Katie has a crib tent to "lock" JAcob in the crib. he likes it. funny.
Those twin boys are SO CUTE!!
Next time lets see a picture of your cute self!!!
love you... miss you too!!!