Hubby's kids' band,"We Believe in Dinosaurs," is roaring along and writing tons of songs. You can check them out on FB, though there aren't any tracks up yet. SOON! Stewie is lining up his dinosaurs (he actually helped me take this picture!) and counting down his drum beat, "a 1, 2, a 1, 2, 4, 3!" Right now he's singing "The Baby Song." Ironically, and perhaps sadly, yesterday morning he decided to vocalize that he was having nightmares. Out of nowhere, after a shower while he was lingering in the tub he said, "Mom?"
"Yes, sweet pea?"
"I had a nightmare."
I was flabbergasted; it was so clear, and is a word he really hasn't heard us use in direct conversation with him too frequently, and surely not that morning.
"A nightmare, honey?"
"Yeah."
"Like a bad dream?"
"Yeah."
"Can you tell mommy what it was about?"
"Yeah. Dinosaurs scared me."
I was pretty shocked. One: because he so clearly articulated what was going on I really couldn't doubt that he didn't understand what he was saying. Two: because I didn't really think we'd made dinosaurs scary. Because of the band, I thought it had been a fun thing. I strained my brain to think about it and then I realized he did see Night at the Museum, but like a month ago. When he plays with his dinosaurs he does make them roar and bite and attack each other. So we talked about that fact that dinosaurs don't really exist and are pretend... that they just live on the TV screen. To cover my bases we're now watching some nice, friendly dinosaur movies, like The Land Before Time. No nightmares last night, and he slept straight through from 8:30 to 5:45AM (yawn!).
As we get ready for our day, its snowing. An inch has already accumulated. It's spring already... we've adapted. Come on! It's supposed to warm up to the upper 40s today. Eliza is settling in to a cozy spot for the morning. Everybody loves to comment on whether I've "dropped" or not. I find this hilarious. Particularly because the comment tends to come from people who have never been pregnant. I remember people saying this when I was pregnant with Stewart too, though I could never really tell. This time I feel a little more aware, perhaps because its not a new experience. Perhaps because its the last time I plan on being pregnant. What I'm noticing is that it really depends on the posture I've assumed for a while. She is already head down. So if I've been standing up for a while she tends to settle really low; I can actually breath and she's not kicking my vital organs making me want to vomit. When I wake up in the morning or lie on the couch for a while, she settles in the middle because I've been stretched out, though, no pun intended, I do sleep in a semi-fetal position, so she's not as low as she can go. If I've been sitting for a bit, she rises way far up, and pops her hiney way far out of my ribs; hence the kicking of my organs and my squeamishness. I think this whole "dropped" thing is a crock. We'll see. We've still got over four weeks or so to go.
Wow is it getting close! A woman I work with told me that she told people a due date two weeks later than she actually was, because people had annoyed her so with her first pregnancy, and she too was getting overly antsy at the end. I'm beginning to wish I had taken her route instead of just not telling people.
No comments:
Post a Comment