Nothing but nesting time here. Chores, chores, chores. Of course, after about five hours on Saturday my hips and pelvis and lower back were so sore I threw in the towel. At least we got the upstairs done. Hubby was a dream - scrubbed the whole bathroom better than I ever do! Took down the plastic from the windows. Prepped baby spaces. Yesterday spent mostly doing laundry, resting and reading, and taking Stew to the library... taking a nice long bath! The biggest battle of the day was getting mimi in the washing machine, and even that went unbelievably well. Lazy, lazy, lazy day! Today, we're on to the outside. Borrowing the rototiller and off we'll be. Of course, planting can't happen until after Memorial Day, but we figure once the baby comes, it won't happen, so we better take advantage of this early spring and prep now. No worries, I will not be manning the rototiller.
Stew has been busy cooking (for pretend and for real!) and working on his new camera mug. I hope its not permanent. The mug that is. His new phrases are "I need help" which really means I need TO help you, as opposed to other times when he says "help, p'ease." I've read all those articles and pro-nouns and even verb conjugations come later, so I'm trying not to freak out about it. His other latest phrase is "what's this called?"
On the Eliza front, we're hangin' in there. I think I was a bit too harsh on myself Saturday, like I said, and so I took it easy the next day. Sleeping is getting hard, but I know it will get worse, so I'm trying not to complain. She is definitely running out of room in there. We're down to approximately three weeks. I've had a Braxton-Hicks or two. I've packed my hospital bag. Pulled out the old car seat, gotta install it. But, I'm not holding my breath. I'm really banking on four more weeks. Stewie is catching on. Some gifts from Mom arrived; one of them being a sleeping rocker for by the bed... Stewie wanted to get in it and we had to have a little talk. Now he'll tell you how babies cry and drink milk. He's pointed out the baby in my belly to strangers. Its cute.
1 comment:
I love it. all of it.
p'ease... too cute.
I wish I could be there to give you all a big hug.
Post a Comment