Sunday was a little rough. I was running on no more than an hour and a half sleep since Eliza was born. Needless to say I got a bit teary. But thankfully when my milk fully came in on Sunday, Eliza slept for four and a half hours Sunday night, and then another three after eating.
Oh was life different! I was energized on Monday, and Eliza and I were off to the pediatrician. She has gained an ounce of weight and is good and healthy. We even went to the grocery store to grab a few essentials. I forgot about mommy brain. I feel like a baby myself. Multiple sources of stimuli are confusing. For example, if Michael has music playing while Stewart is watching TV, I feel overloaded. In the grocery store, it was intense. Then, after we made it out of produce and were off to grab yogurt, she started crying. I couldn't deal. I didn't cry, but all other thoughts left my brain. My breasts started leaking. I couldn't remember what else I had to get. I remembered diapers at least! I got into line at the checkout, and couldn't believe I chose the shortest one but with the biggest dip-shits. Apparently no one noticed the screaming infant... the checkout lady even stood there attempting to chat with me about her instead of trying to check me out! Argh. Finally, we got to the car and nursed there. Boy, I forgot about those adventures... nursing in the back of the car. I feel so vulnerable, I lock all
So needless to say I took it easy today. I'm a bit sad because I miss taking Stewart for walks; but it does feel nice to relax, and I feel like my pelvis hurts less tonight. Hopefully one more day of taking it easy will help. Stewart is doing pretty well though. He seems to be forgiving me for the lack of time I'm spending with him. He still comes to meet if he gets hurt, snuggles while watching TV, and asks to read books. We have really been enjoying that time, and he doesn't complain that sometimes he has to share my lap with Eliza. He is still asking to help and checks up and in on her. And, he's even reading to her himself!
No comments:
Post a Comment